Monday, December 21, 2015

Porto 1B, Portugal Week 16

Hello, everyone! Merry Christmas, Feliz Natal! December 21, 2015

S--- and H--- went to church yesterday! It was such a special moment for me when they entered the sacrament meeting. I know how scary it was for S--- to come back after such a long time. I feel like now they are ready to grow together- they are in it together! I am looking forward to continuing to help them. We all have many trials in life and things that don't go the way we plan, but we always have a second chance. We always have another chance at renewal and change! And this is because of our savior, Jesus Christ. God sent him to earth to us so that we could have the power of repentance, renewal, and cleansing. As long as we are trying our best, God is pleased with our efforts. That is the true message of Christmas!

E--- is going to Lisbon for the holidays to be with family. He didn't come to church again.. we are not sure why yet. :) But I am sure he will get back in the swing of things after the holidays.

I love you all! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Sister Anderson

Pretty! These little baby jesus banners are hanging up everywhere. 
It's everyone's Christmas decoration here.


One of the many pretty cafes in porto!



One of my favorite streets, Rua das Flores ``road of the flowers.``



Pastel de nata.



Sister Pennock pastel de nata.




Crepe.



Crepe café, super cute inside.



At the christmas devotional, I sang one verse of Silent Night (Noite Feliz) solo! It went well, we had a choir of missionaries! President Amorim spoke and lots of people were there.




After our ward christmas party. Rui, Bruna (an investigator, Lillian's friend who is Evangelical), Lillian (recent convert), me, Rui (a recent convert), sister Pennock. Lillian is one of my best friends from Portugal. She is from Cabo Verde.



The food at our ward christmas party. This is in our chapel.





The only christmas card I have received. Tell Maren and Alden thanks!!




Our tree with our christmas packages!!!



Cool brand of shoes from Buenos Aires!!


4 comments:

  1. Love these pictures and love your updates! You're very welcome! We can't wait to see you again! Love, Maren and Alden

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the FEAST spread out there for your ward Christmas party! I'm sure you were behind a lot of that, Sister Anderson. :) And I KNOW why you were selected for the solo verse on Silent Night--your voice sounds like an Angel! xoxo forever,g. marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. A note of explaination: years back when Salli first moved to Oregon, I registered under her name to be able to comment on her blog. Ever since then, anything related to google always connects my name, Marcia, and my email Juno address to hers. But, this IS g. marcia speaking. Love you, our precious Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your Christmas tree (as pictured above)--but I really liked seeing it on Christmas morning in pictures you sent with one of your emails! Wrapping paper everywhere--fun all over the place. :) My favorite photos though, were of the GingerBread House you made with the kit I mailed you~! That made me so happy to see that you had used it. So perfectly crafted, I must say--by YOU.

    ReplyDelete