Friday, June 20, 2014

Clothes For Sisters!

I have had such a fun time figuring out what clothes to buy for my mission. I thought I would share what I have found for any future sister missionaries who might see my blog in the future! I have accumulated my missionary wardrobe from a variety of different stores.


For Rainy Weather:

Portugal has very mild, humid weather all year long. There is, however, a very long rainy season. I searched for the perfect raincoat to buy and I came across London Fog. They have a great selection of stylish raincoats perfect for any rainy mission! (Skip this section if your mission is NOT somewhere rainy) This is the raincoat I bought:




Notice it does not have a removable liner. There are a few raincoats on London Fog that do have liners. I decided to purchase two fleece liners separately. I will just wear the liners underneath my raincoat when it is really cold.


I purchased this in red and white. Next up, I bought some fleece welly socks from Hunter to wear underneath my rainboots. 


I removed the "Hunter" label on both of them so they look classier with my rainboots. I found the perfect rainboots! Here they are:


I wanted a neutral color so I can always wear them with my bright red raincoat. They are quite classy and a lot dressier than most rainboots. I love them so far! The inside of the boot is this super-soft velvety material. :) 


Blouses:

Now onto shirts! Most of the shirts I have purchased are from stores in my area. I have bought a few online, however. I really love LOFT but is it quite expensive! I have been on the lookout and I found a few good deals.





I purchased a few blouses in-store from Seagull Book. Their clothing line is called Sweet Salt. The blouses I have from there are very comfortable and cute! I tried to find the blouses I got from there online but I could't. I suggest visiting that store in person.


Blazers:

Now onto blazers! I have had such a fun time finding blazers. The best place to find blazers is H&M. I purchased some a few days ago. They are all on sale right now because they were a part of their winter stock. 

While searching online I found the PERFECT BLACK BLAZER. It is so feminine and classy. I love it. .. Here it is! It has a little ruffed back and its so dainty and perfect. 



Dresses:

Now moving onto dresses! This next dress I actually found at a local sister missionary store in my area. But you can purchase it online as well! It is super cute and comfy.


(I also bought a mustard-yellow cardigan to go with this dress because it's just so adorable with it!)


Skirts:

Now let's move onto skirts! I love this next one.. it even has pockets!



I discovered this awesome company that sells reversible skirts! I purchased one of them. Definitely take a look and see if they have anything you like. Latter-day Sister Missionary - Reversible Skirts

I have bought a few skirts and dresses from DownEast Basics. I suggest looking here as well!

I have bought a few comfy pencil-type skirts from.. guess where?.. Walmart! They have a little modest fashion line called Bella Bird! 


Shoes:

Now we are onto my favorite category - shoes! In Portugal I will be walking around all day, every day. And there are lots and lots of uneven cobblestone walkways. I have researched hard about the best type of shoes to get for where I am going. My favorite brand that I have come across is Hush Puppies . They are very comfortable and sturdy. They are also quite expensive. Keep an eye out for their sales! Here are a few of the Hush Puppies I have bought:




I have also found a few comfy & cute shoes from TJ Maxx that seem like they are good quality. TJ is definitely a good place to look for shoes! I also found my workout shoes and clothes from TJ Maxx.

Well, I think that just about sums my mission wardrobe up! If I think of something I forgot to put on here I will add it in the future. I hope this post helps any future sister missionaries out there.

xoxo
Christine 


No comments:

Post a Comment