Our Christmas went really well. But, the most special experience for me was yesterday at church. S--- and H--- came to church again WITH their two daughters! Their completed family was there. When I saw them come into the Sacrament Meeting I couldn't help but tearing up a little bit. Seeing their progression has been one of the most special things I have witnessed through my mission. I have been working with them since I first came here and now they are finally progressing together. S--- and H--- are not married but they said they are thinking about getting married and H--- wants to be baptized! The goal we have for them is January 23rd. :) Their cute little daughters R--- and I--- are so cute. R---is 12 I--- is 6. (or maybe 5?). I love them so much.
I love all of the people I have met while I have been on the mission. I don't want to forget anything about them! In my journal I started writing about each person separately- all of the memories and everything I remember about them. It is going to take a long time but I want to do it thoroughly for each person. Thank goodness I have Facebook so I can keep in contact with all of them after my mission. I cant believe my mission is coming to a close! It doesn't seem real. The New Year is very strange because for the majority of it I will be home! The goals I will be making for this year will be for my last 6 weeks in the mission and for when I come home. It really has flown by so fast! I love Portugal so much. Today was another rainy day in Porto and we went to the beach. I absolutely love Porto in the rain. It is so beautiful. I have spent about half my mission here in Porto and it has become a part of my heart. :) I will miss it!
We have transfers this next Monday. I only have one transfer left! I will probably stay here and finish out my mission with Sister Pennock. We´ll see. Anything could happen, still, I guess.
I love you all! Happy New Year!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Sister Carrol at our Christmas conference.
Me and Sister Pennock at our Christmas conference.
Sister Pennock and Smith.
Our Christmas Eve smoothies"!!
Cooking at a members house on Christmas Eve. Her name is Renata and she is Brasilian!
The cute gingerbread house we made with the kit grandma sent me!
Opening our jammies Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve jammies selfie.
Christmas morning with all of our presents. I stayed up until 2 a.m. wrapping all of Sister Pennock's for her!
Christmas morning.
I loved the necklace!! thanks Mom. I'm wearing it today! It is so cute.
The whole scene with all our trash.
All of my presents!! I bought all the touristy ones for myself. :) I love the hula hoop!!! I have already used it and I think I'm getting a six pack :)
With my new benefit makeup!! thanks mom.
Sister Pennock with all her presents.
Christmas day outfit.
Lunch with the elders on Christmas day. We ate outside without coats because it was so warm!! I made chicken pot pie and they all loved it.
Sister Pennock wtih her family.
We rode a double decker bus to the Foz beach again today!! It was super rainy.
Crazy hair, windy, selfie on beach in the rain.
Foz beach in the rain.
Beach in the rain. I was too scared to go up there.
In front of Foz Castle.
Great European hot chocolate. It is literally melted down chocolate, not the watered down crap that we have in america. :)
The latest planner I made.
All of my planners lined up.
Making planners.
My last Christmas package from mom that came a couple of days late. It was delayed in the mail.
Earrings from Braxton.
Braxton's Christmas presents to me.
Christmas present from Isaac, nail polish. Thanks, Chickee.
My district.
No comments:
Post a Comment