Monday, May 25, 2015

3rd Transfer, Week 4

May 25, 2015

Olá família! I hope you all had a great week. I sure did! :) I love everything about this city. Sister Dixon and I are having a great time. My hump day was this past Wednesday! I can't believe I have been on my mission for 9 months! It really has flown by. We have interviews with President Fluckiger this week. They will probably be the last interviews we have with him as our president I think! The new mission presidents will come the beginning of July. Wherever we get transferred that transfer will be the mission we are put in! Its pretty exciting.

This week J--- came to church. He is an old man (78 years old I think) that the Sisters had been teaching before I came. He keeps saying he wants to be baptized but he has been a little unreliable when it comes to coming to church and stuff. He forgets a lot. It seems like each time we come we have to teach him everything over again. He usually starts our lessons by saying ´I was already baptized when I was a baby!' And then we have to explain the whole Restoration stuff over again each lesson. But at the end he remembers. :) Anyways, he came to church! He told us in our last lesson that he will get baptized sometime in June. Well see!

I don't know what happened with I---. We tried passing by her house and calling her a lot and she was just never there. She said she was going back to France the 24th so she is probably back there now. At least she has a Book of Mormon in Portuguese now!

We had a really cool guy marked for baptism, Fernando. He lives in the same apartment as sweet old J---. We taught him all the lessons and from the start he always said ´I will come to church every week!' and, ´When and how can I be baptized?' but he didn't come to church last week because he said he was sick and this week he didn't come again! We don't know what is wrong. Hopefully he will come to church! We already taught him a lesson in the chapel and showed him the baptismal font and everything. I think he might be scared to change so.. prayers are much needed!

Love you all. Have a nice week!!

Love,
Sister Anderson


The following pics are of a castle and views from the castle.















The castle is super medieval! It probably has roman influences.












A cool church.


















An arch in the castle. It was like Aurora's castle, super medieval!






Cool old church thing outside of the castle.  I bought an african dress from one of the cool stands at our fair on Saturday :) It's like a sundress.






Walking up to the castle.



A clock tower on the way to the castle.






A pretty telephone booth.






P-day selfie!! I did sister Dixon's makeup today, fun times.









The fair had lots of drawn on Disney stuff like this. It was funny haha - a sketchy version of Disneyland.






This is the ride we went on two p-days ago - haha. It made us so sick.






We bought cool Indian bracelets from the fair.



Crepe and waffle from frozen yogurt place to celebrate my HUMP DAY!































No comments:

Post a Comment