Wednesday, May 20, 2015

3rd Transfer, Week 3

May 18, 2015

This week was AMAZING! Lots of incredible things happened. We had divisions with the Sister Training Leaders which was great.. and lots of other great things. :) We have been working really hard! Two of our investigators came to church this week- H--- and I---. We came to their apartments in the morning and they were both there ready and waiting for us! That was a first! Normally we have to drag our investigators out of bed and they still don't come but H--- and I--- were ready! H--- is from Angola and I--- is from Cape Verde. Today I want to talk a little bit about I---..

Saturday night we were walking to a different appointment but Sister Dixon felt like we should ring the doorbell of an old Cape Verdian man, A---, who she and Sister Rovig had contacted in the past. We knocked on his door and I--- answered. She is A---ś neice. She immediately let us in the house and we all sat and chatted a little. A--- said that he wanted to go to church but because of his health he can't walk that far. We started with a prayer and I--- immediately closed her eyes and folded her arms. We gave them the pamphlet of the Restoration and she stared at the picture and said, ´I knew it.. I think this picture is the same as the one at the church I have been going to in France!' She is living in France right now but had to come here to take care of some documents. She will be here until the 24th of May staying with her uncle, A---. Her friend\ neighbor in France had been taking her to our church in France but she didn't understand hardly anything because it was in French! But God sent us to her here to teach the gospel to her in her own language! It was so inspired! I know that truly the Lord guides us to who we need to teach. He knows who will be in His church. He knows who is prepared and it is our job to find these people. We are always led through His inspiration.

I--- loved church yesterday! She says it was so nice to be able to understand what they were saying. She says it is definitely the same church- our plaque is just in Portuguese instead of French! But it is still the same plaque. It really is incredible that we have a worldwide church.- that we can go to the exact same church everywhere throughout the world!

I love you all! Thank you so much for your support! Please keep our investigators in your prayers.. they need them!

Love,
Sister Anderson

At the beach for p-day.

 


 
 

 


 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
Bus selfie.

 
 

 
 
Thanks Grandma Marcia for the hump day package!!! :)

 
 

 
 
Divisions, I was with Sister Larsen on the right! We stayed in our area and Sister Dixon and Sister Da Silva went to a neighboring city.

No comments:

Post a Comment