Saturday, May 16, 2015

3rd Transfer, Week 2

May 11, 2015

Ola familia! This week was great. Lots of little miracles happened every day. It really is amazing to see on my mission how the Lord puts us in the path of the people who need to hear the gospel. So many little things like that happened this week! The weeks have been flying by super fast here. This place reminds me a little bit of home. It's a little adorable "mini" city with it's own history and everyone is really proud to live here - haha. The historical part of the city is adorable! There are a bunch of little tiny streets with pretty lamps and cafes. The beautiful Portugal cobblestone is everywhere. I love it!

Our ward here is amazing. We have lots of active members! Lots of the members feed us and like to teach lessons with us. The sisters before me worked really hard to find new people and talk to everyone here. We have tons of investigators with potential. We are working on figuring out who has real intention to learn and investigate the church. We teach so many cool people each day! Next week I will try to narrow it down and give you all the specifics.

I will share one story with you all. About a week ago we ran into M--- and E--- on the street. They are a Brazilian mom and daughter. Sister Dixon told me that she and Sister Rovig used to talk to them in their little store but thought they were moving and never found out where. Through inspiration we found them on the street! Right next to their new store. We have been helping them get the store ready to open. We passed by their store last night and E--- (the daughter) came to the door and peeked her head through and said "sorry, I can't open the door all the way!" She explained that they had to rearrange everything in order to put up the dividing wall. We peeked our heads in and looked in. It was so sad! All the hard work they had done they had to undo. She moved the huge table to let us in. They looked so frazzled. We told them that we wanted to help. They said they needed to paint the wall divider. So we helped them! It was so much fun. They are so sweet. After we said a prayer with them and then E--- said that her mom, M---, was saying that she just needed two more hands... and then God sent us! So she got four more hands. It was definitely very inspired that we came at that moment that they needed us. E--- said she will always remember us when she looks at the bright orange wall divider that we painted in their cute little shop. I hope they will start coming to church! Happy Mother's Day yesterday! Have a nice week. I love you all!

Love, Sister Anderson

Our district. This is a terrible angle for me!!









A monastery that we visited!! The biggest I've ever seen, so cool. We went with sweet Joaquim. He is 79 years old! Me and him talked a lot about the history and the monks. He loved showing us around.



A cool statue that Joaquim was really excited to tell us about it.



Selfie with Joaquim! He is the sweetest soul alive. I teared up a little bit on the bus home thinking about the fact that he may not be on this earth if I ever get back to visit Portugal after my mission.



I had Joaquim take this picture and he didn't know how haha! He said he had never used a camera before. So I showed him the button and he said ´I just press this??´ haha



The cathedral reminded me of Notre Dame. I talked to Joaquim about how it looked like Notre Dame and he said he has visited Paris before. He told me this was built in the 1300s. Notre Dame was around the same time too!


















Selfie on Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day!






There is a frozen yogurt place here just like twizzleberry and we even have a punch card!!



I found grape juice, my favorite drink!



and........ I dropped the grape juice glass container in the grocery store and it shattered into a million pieces. :(



Joaquim bought us churros at the fair the other night.



Our kitchen with Grandma's calendar that finally found a place here! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment