Monday, February 8, 2016

Porto 1B, Portugal Week 23

Dear Family and Friends,                                                February 8, 2016

I am not sure if I will have time to email next week so.. this might be the last time! I can't believe it is coming to a close. It still doesn't feel real! I loved my mission so much. I feel so much love for Portugal, Porto, and Portuguese people! Portugal will always have such a special place in my heart. Thank you all for all of your support throughout this 18 months! They were great. :)

This week was a good one. We finally met up again with S--- and H---. S--- called the Bishop while we were there and told him that she wanted to have an interview with him so she could get the marriage paperwork started and that H--- wants to be baptized! Sadly, I won't be here in time for it. But I am so excited and happy for the progress that I have seen in them. They are amazing! We have another lesson with them tonight. We are also going to celebrate little I---'s birthday. She is turning 6! She is a cutie. I love that family so much.

I feel really at peace about my mission. I know that I did the work that the Lord had in store for me! It was a great year and a half. :) I love you all. I can't wait to see you all in just a few weeks!

Love,
Sister Anderson

A wall in the Cathedral de Porto. We finally got to go inside today. It is always closed around lunch time. 

Elder Mcghie and his bday party celebration after choir practice.







Pday selfie :)







Torre dos Clerigos.


This is my favorite weather- overcast and a little rainy. Porto is the most beautiful like this.


Cathedral de Porto.



Sadly the cathedral is under renovation now.





Cool organ and stained glass window.



Organ pipes.



This was definitely an inspiration for Harry Potter. It felt like I was walking through Hogwarts. Did you know that JK Rowling lived in Porto for awhile?



It's Aragorn! Haha.



Cathedral area that definitely looks like Hogwarts.



Staircase in the cathedral.



Cathedral court yard.



In the cathedral grounds.






No comments:

Post a Comment