Friday, May 1, 2015

Porto, Portugal, Foz do Douro Week 10

April 13, 2015

This week was a great one! :) I don't ever really have much to say haha. We started teaching A--- and L---. We marked them both for baptism! But.. they didn't come to church. L--- turned off his phone and A--- literally wouldn't come. We came to his house and he still wouldn't come with us! They both smoke and probably drink too so.. yeah. We'll keep trying. We visited a Recent Convert who is inactive yesterday and she seems really sweet. She says she wants to go through the temple someday! We told her we are here to help her. Hopefully she will start coming back to church. I think she drinks coffee and smokes so we will have to help her with that. J--- is still coming to church! I still can't believe the progress he has made from the first time we visited him and he said he wouldn't go to church. I am so happy for him. We will help this ward.. even if it is one reactivated member at a time. And maybe we'll even find someone ready to be baptized. :) Please keep L--- and A--- and also C--- (the recent convert) and J--- in your prayers!

Porto is AMAZING. Our area is just breathtaking. I wish I always had my camera with me so I could take pictures! Wow. Portugal is hands down the best vacation place in the world! The most beautiful place I have ever been to. It has the ocean, a beautiful river, amazing beaches, gorgeous parks, old Catholic cathedrals, palm trees! (my favorite)... old castles everywhere! I recommend it to EVERYONE. I still can't believe I am living here. I can't wait to show my family around in the future. Being a tourist is really fun when you can speak the language haha. I can ask them to buy two tickets and its in their native language! I can tell they are always impressed. And I can order food in Portuguese too. :) Hopefully I will never forget the language.

Love you all! Have a nice week
Love,
Sister Anderson

Porto wins Lisbon... FOR SURE. PORTO IS BEAUTIFUL. PORTUGAL IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO GO ON VACATION.






Ferrero rocher flavored ice cream at an Italian gelato place. YUM!









Sweet statue. Portugal is so epic, it's like I'm in middle earth :)






I love seagulls.



Porto is so old and it has palm trees!



Wishing well? :)









Tourist information about the fountain.



I love europe.



The telescope in the background adds a nice touch haha.



This is the view!!!



I love European lamp posts.






EUROPEEEEEEEEEEEE estou aqui!!



Cathedrals like this are EVERYWHERE in Porto.



Just gorgeous. Can I live here forever?
























Porto. the blue building is a cathedral.



Porto!!! the best place in the world. better than Paris, London, Hungary and Vienna :)



I love lights in Europe.



We ate chocolate croissants at a little cafe outside of the tower we went to a few weeks ago! haha






Sandal day!!









Cool fruit we bought last week. It tasted like a kiwi.


No comments:

Post a Comment