Saturday, March 7, 2015

Porto, Portugal, Foz do Douro Week 4

March 2, 2015

Hello everyone. This week rained again pretty much every day! Just like last week. I actually kind of like the rain. It makes contacts on the street really difficult though, haha. We tried to contact A---´s family again but they are never really home. One of the older sons was home once and we had a little lesson with him but that was it. We will try again this week. They didn't come to church. We´ll keep trying. There is still hope!

We are still teaching an older lady, R---. I think I mentioned her in one of my previous emails. She is really Catholic and practicing too. She came with us to our Relief Society activity and she liked it but she said our church is really far away from where she lives and it doesn't make sense to go to it. She needs a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.. we will keep trying. She is almost there, hopefully! We have faith.

Our ward mission leader, Irmáo Silva, gave us a reference for a less active member, J--- and his wife, A---. We taught them twice now and they are so sweet. During our second lesson with J--- he said that he read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it to know if its true and that he knows its true. Right now it just isn't convenient for him to go to church but he will go back again someday. He told us that he will try this week but he didn't want to make any promises. A--- says the churchy stuff isn't for her but she seems really in tune with the spirit so maybe she will gain a testimony as well! Keep them in your prayers.

Things are going well here! We walk around and contact lots of strangers in the rain every day. I am starting to actually like contacting people haha. Here´s how they usually go..

Us: ´´Olá Senhor, tudo bem?!´´ (With lots of enthusiasm and smiles.. lol)
Guy: ´´Tudo.´´ (He´s like.. Who are you and what do you want?)
Us: ´´Somos missionarias da igreja de Jesus Cristo. Acreditas em Jesus Cristo?´´
Guy: ´´Sim, acredito. Eu sou católico.´´ (ahh.. missionaries..... hmm.)
Us: ´´Sabemos que Jesus Cristo é nosso salvador!´´ (at this point they are usually trying to escape.) ´´Podemos deixar uma cartão contigo?´´
(he nods and takes the card)
Us: ´´Boa noite!´´

So yeah! Thats what I do all day long. And we knock on doors of people who give us their addresses. Usually the addresses are fake. I love it!

Have a nice week everyone!

Love,
Sister Anderson



The coolest card ever from Grandma Marcia!



The card has RED (my favorite color) hearts and a C for Cinderella/Christine :)



Bus ride.



It's been raining all week again.



I made heart shaped muffins this week!



I finally got all my packages from the office! we had our interviews with president.




Thanks for the package grandma!!



Me and Sister Stocks got packages from home! We had valentines day a little late. :)



I had a hot pad on my feet and Sister Stocks had ice. Walking around all day is painful sometimes!



We made cookies to give away.



Porto at night.









Best ad ever.







We went to Norte Shopping Mall today and they have a huge disney store!! It almost felt like I was in Disneyland. I bought a little minnie plush thing and a lightsaber pen with different colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment