Hello everyone! Another great week has ended.. and another great one is about to begin! I don't really have very much to talk about this week. I taught the 10 minute training session in our district meeting this week. It was cool because I did it all in Portuguese! It was on ´´How to Recognize the Spirit.´´ Sometimes it surprises me at how much Portuguese I can speak. Every time I take a leap of faith and just go with it, the Lord blesses me with the Gift of Tongues. :)
Oh also, A--- was baptized yesterday! Earlier this week we were teaching her and she pulled out a picture of her son with the Sisters in Cape Verde when he was BAPTIZED. We were like.. Wait, your sister & her family are members, your daughter is taking the lessons AND your son was baptized? She told us he was baptized in September. Isn't that amazing? I will always remember that moment that we contacted her on the street. She was waiting for the bus and we smiled and she smiled back. It really is so wonderful that the Lord helped us to find her and that her family is being taught at the same time in Cape Verde! I know that it was all a part of God´s plan. Her baptism yesterday was so, so special. I could feel the Spirit so strong! There was just this feeling of peace and joy that filled the entire room. She is such a sweet, quiet lady. And she just speaks Criole and a lot of the time I don't think she understands our lessons but she can feel the Spirit. The Spirit prompted her to change her life and take the first step of baptism.
Sister Cardoso and I were talking the other day about how it just feels like we knew her before this life. It feels like we knew her in the premortal life. It is just such an awesome feeling!
A--- wasn't baptized. He is very hesitant, reminds me of E---. He is afraid of what his family will think. But we are still praying and hoping he will have a change of heart.
I love you all so much. Your support means the world to me! I will try to respond to more of your emails. I wish I had more time to email each week!
Love,
Sister Anderson
A's Baptism
Me, Carlos Cá (Aguida's husband, I skyped at their house), A---, Sister Cardoso
The Ponte 25 de Abril Bridge
Curly hair!! I used those hair curlers mom!!! They worked perfectly.
A cool place in our area.
We made those tortillas with a recipe you sent, mom. With the leftover fillings we made this the next day haha. We added a frozen vegetable potato mix it was good!
Cristo Rei
Elder Whitaker drew a picture of all of us in our district! This is us in our ´´battle form´´ all of the animals and weapons have specific meaning - haha.
I made these spinach tortillas!!! I am actually a really good cook. I think i have some natural talent. :)
Palm Trees
Cool bridge we found in our area. Sister Cardoso got her hair cut and treated.
I love palm trees. Portugal is a mixture of everything I love!! the only thing missing is a disneyland.

No comments:
Post a Comment