This week was another GREAT one! :) And... our investigators actually came to church! A--- (A---´s nephew) and A--- (the cute Cape Verdian I told you about last week) BOTH came. It is so hard for people to wake up and go to church here so it was a miracle! Like my brother Benjamin said in his last letter everyone is really excited about church and they all happily say they will go but never do. But this week they did! If all goes well, they will be baptized this Sunday. Pray for them!
When we taught A--- about the Word of Wisdom she said that she had to drink her coffee every morning. We explained to her that it is a commandment from God and that she will be blessed if she keeps it. We talked to her for a bit and she showed us that she had just bought a bag of coffee from the grocery store. It was still in the grocery bag! We told her about this other drink she could try that has a similar taste. She agreed to let us take her coffee and exchange it for the other stuff! We ran to the grocery store and changed it for her. It was so special. She is darling. Also, her daughter is taking lessons from the missionaries in Cape Verde right now! I know that the Lord prepared her and prepared us to be able to find each other! It was all a part of His plan. I am so happy that we were able to contact her on the street with the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Everything happens for a reason!
Earlier this week our Recent Convert J--- was telling us stories about his life - he always does. He is 81 years old but doesn't look that old! He is the one we baptized back in October. He always tells us about how he worked in New York and traveled to Australia and all around the world! This time he pulled out his huge SCRAPBOOK. It was so cool. He was like a movie star! I love hearing all of his stories. It makes me wish I could talk to my great grandparents again. I LOVE HISTORY. THE WORLD IS SO COOL.
Love you all!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Lisboa Statue
I MADE ONE OF THE RECIPES YOU SENT, dragon noodles. I used cayenne instead of red pepper so it was really spicy.. but I still liked it haha, not sure about Sister Cardoso.
One of our delicious pastries. This one was filled with cream and had coconut shavings
on the outside and cinnamon down the middle.
A photo of J---, the one we baptized in October. He is 81 now!!
Another picture of J---.
I got a handwritten letter from Braxton :)
We made muffins.
Hot chocolate downtime.
Pics emailed from the metro station.





No comments:
Post a Comment