First off.. SISTER CARDOSO AND I ARE STAYING IN LAPA FOR THE NEXT TRANSFER. :) Elder Fox is staying too but our dear Elder Cluff is leaving. :( We will miss him! The new Elder´s name is Elder Whitaker. I haven't met him yet.
Also.. A--- was baptized yesterday! His real name is R--- though. A--- is his nickname haha. He is so awesome! It has been hard for him to stop smoking but he has been strong. He has lots of faith! He always has us say a prayer for him that he will be able to see his mother in Cape Verde again someday. It´s so cute!
We met this awesome Brazilian family a few weeks ago.. P--- & J--- and their daughter L---. She is about three years old I think. They have been taught a lot by the Jehovah Witnesses. J--- is really trying to learn and discover the truth. They are both trying to learn about lots of churches! They are already married which is awesome. During our last lesson with them J--- said, ´´Eu acredito.´´ in reference to the Book of Mormon! Eu acredito means ´´I believe.´´ I can tell that they feel the Spirit when we teach. They just need to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! I asked them if they would be baptized when they receive their answer and they said yes!
Another family we are teaching right now is E--- & R--- with their children D--- (8 years old) and L--- (about 4). They are Brazilian also. We have been teaching R--- for a long time. She needs to read the Book of Mormon! E--- always leaves when we teach. D--- really wants to be baptized but R--- doesn't think he is ready. We really want to help our families this transfer! I want their cute little kids to be able to be raised with the security of the gospel just like I was. They are so close to fully accepting the Gospel, I can feel it!
We had divisions with our Sister Training Leaders this past Tuesday. I was with Sister Campos. She is from Brazil. She entered the field the same time as me. The division was so cool! I lead ALL of the lessons and contacts on the street. It was so fun. I talked so much to lots of strangers. I just took a leap of faith and I did things I didn´t even know I could do! That day was a real comfidence booster for me. And it made me really want to train! I would love it. I just can't believe that I can have real conversations with people now and that they actually understand me! Gift of Tongues! :)
Right now I just really need to drill some grammatical principles and expand my vocabulary. If I listen very carefully I can pretty much understand everything people say.
We have big plans for district Lisboa 1B \ Lapa B this transfer! All of our Recent Converts for our ward were at church except two! We have been working hard with the Recent Converts. The activity in our ward is dwindling but we have a Christmas party planned and I can feel that LAPA will be back to its ´´Glory Days´´ state again.
Feliz Natal!
Eu amo vocês!
Love, Sister Anderson
Also.. A--- was baptized yesterday! His real name is R--- though. A--- is his nickname haha. He is so awesome! It has been hard for him to stop smoking but he has been strong. He has lots of faith! He always has us say a prayer for him that he will be able to see his mother in Cape Verde again someday. It´s so cute!
We met this awesome Brazilian family a few weeks ago.. P--- & J--- and their daughter L---. She is about three years old I think. They have been taught a lot by the Jehovah Witnesses. J--- is really trying to learn and discover the truth. They are both trying to learn about lots of churches! They are already married which is awesome. During our last lesson with them J--- said, ´´Eu acredito.´´ in reference to the Book of Mormon! Eu acredito means ´´I believe.´´ I can tell that they feel the Spirit when we teach. They just need to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! I asked them if they would be baptized when they receive their answer and they said yes!
Another family we are teaching right now is E--- & R--- with their children D--- (8 years old) and L--- (about 4). They are Brazilian also. We have been teaching R--- for a long time. She needs to read the Book of Mormon! E--- always leaves when we teach. D--- really wants to be baptized but R--- doesn't think he is ready. We really want to help our families this transfer! I want their cute little kids to be able to be raised with the security of the gospel just like I was. They are so close to fully accepting the Gospel, I can feel it!
We had divisions with our Sister Training Leaders this past Tuesday. I was with Sister Campos. She is from Brazil. She entered the field the same time as me. The division was so cool! I lead ALL of the lessons and contacts on the street. It was so fun. I talked so much to lots of strangers. I just took a leap of faith and I did things I didn´t even know I could do! That day was a real comfidence booster for me. And it made me really want to train! I would love it. I just can't believe that I can have real conversations with people now and that they actually understand me! Gift of Tongues! :)
Right now I just really need to drill some grammatical principles and expand my vocabulary. If I listen very carefully I can pretty much understand everything people say.
We have big plans for district Lisboa 1B \ Lapa B this transfer! All of our Recent Converts for our ward were at church except two! We have been working hard with the Recent Converts. The activity in our ward is dwindling but we have a Christmas party planned and I can feel that LAPA will be back to its ´´Glory Days´´ state again.
Feliz Natal!
Eu amo vocês!
Love, Sister Anderson
Selfie :)
Divisions with the sisters. I just got out of the shower so my hair is wet haha.
Sister Campos is right next to me. She is Brazilian.
With Fernando Pessoa, look him up on google. Oh and look closely for another friend. :) This cafe is so cool, Dad. You would love it. Its like one of the oldest. Fernando is a writer and he loved this cafe. I had a very philosophical conversation with him. :)
This is a cool view of half of our area.
A poorer area.
Sister Cardoso has been out 9 months!
Pastel de nata. :) my beloved.
There is a BENEFIT STORE.
I sewed today!!
A---'s baptism.
Christmas tree in our chapel.
We helped Aguida Ca and Marcia set up their Christmas tree. Cá didn't help at all and then when we were done he was posing like this for pictures and Aguida was like ´´You didn't even help at all you can't take a picture!!´´ it was so funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment