Olá Queridos! November 17, 2014
I have had another wonderful week here in Lapa! This week Elder Quentin L. Cook came and spoke to our mission! It was VERY cool. His devotional was very inspirational for me. In reference to our work as missionaries he used a really neat analogy. Our purpose is, primarily, to awaken the hearts of those we teach to the knowledge of the Gospel. After, we need to help them recognize and obtain broken hearts. They need to recognize the importance of making changes in their lives. Then, they will be able to have healed hearts through Jesus Christ. After that, they will want to spread the healing effects to others and their hearts will be turned. Then they will want to do Temple work. It goes like this..
Awakened Heart » Broken Heart » Healed Heart » Turned Heart.
I really love this analogy! Another part of the devotional I loved was when Elder Cook emphasized the importance of helping our wards and branches. We need to help build the wards and be connected to them. He said that as long as we are building the kingdom, we are accomplishing what the Lord wants. He said that reactivating a convert is JUST as important as baptizing someone. I loved that because a lot of the time missionaries are so focused on baptisms and numbers.
We had two really awesome miracles that occurred this past week. The first one was during our morning study time. Sister Cardoso randomly said, ´´I think we should call A---´´ (an ex-investigator that I have never met.. but I will today!) So we called him and he said he had prayed for the missionaries to call him again and that he missed us! We haven't had a lesson with him yet but I am so excited that we have a renewed opportunity to teach him! We have a lesson scheduled with him later today and Àguida is going to come teach him with us. Sister Cardoso was prompted to call him by the Holy Ghost. That´s for sure!
The next miracle happened yesterday. Earlier this week we contacted a man on the street named N---. Our lesson with him went well and he wants to be baptized. We scheduled an appointment and he never showed up. Yesterday we went to help F--- bring things to the church to have a little celebration of S---´s 8th birthday with the primary. (on a side note.. her mom won´t let her be baptized... yet...:) ) We took a different path than usual and.. guess who we saw? N---! We had him walk to church with us. He smokes and drinks so I think he felt kinda awkward at church and left early but still, I am excited for him! As usual, the Lord always makes sure we are in the right place at the right time.
I have soo many wonderful people I could tell you about. But never enough time! Love you all!
Eu amo vocÊs!! (Sorry couldn't get the e to be lowercase - haha)
Eu sei que A Igreja De Jesus Cristo Dos Santos Dos Ultimos Dias e verdadeira!
Love,
Sister Anderson
My makeup was cool this day! I do a little makeup every day. haha
´´Pão de Deus´´ God´s Bread. Need I say more? It is this fluffy sweet bread with fried coconut stuff on top. So good. The Elders brought us pastries the night Sister Cardoso was sick. And this is what they picked for me! Sooo yummy. I am sure going to miss the pastry factory right by our apartment.
Thanks for the Thanksgiving package Grandma! And the other one with pictures.
AND I got Hannie's letter. :)
THANKS HANNIE!
Cute little Hannah.
Thanks Grandma Marcia!! The peanut butter came just in time.. we just ran out of the last can!
Thanks grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almond Joys.. our favorite. :)
My fridge setup. Minha Familia :)
Our kitchen!!
I am so glad that you washed these the night before I left mom - and we put them in my suitcase as we were leaving!! They are the best. I just washed them and they are all clean again. :) I love having soft slippers during study time and my nightly cool down relaxation time.
My new desk setup thanks to Grandma Marcia and Hannie!
I really like this quote! Isnt it cool, Dad?
S---'s 8th birthday.
The next day.. another cake for church. haha
S--- about to leave for church with us.
Celebration with primary at the church.
We bought hello kitty Christmas countdowns. Sis Cardoso loves hello kitty and I am starting to.
Cool palace at the end of Rossio.
View from the bus window. :)
Cool church we always pass.
Neighborhood by f---'s house.
Ahh.. I love it when we had food!! P-days are the best. Especially with our hello kitty Christmas countdowns.. that we can't start until December. We are really excited!! haha
Extra Christine Comments:
I am so excited for Elder Anderson, he is doing great his first week!!! :) He is like my twin. I feel like we are connected. He has the funniest sarcastic wit! haha He told me that he usually likes the devotionals at the MTC and honestly most of the time I was bored during them! haha He likes his companions and trainers so that is great too.
Wow you have snow!!!! Right now its like September Logan weather here in Lisbon - a little chilly.. just a light jacket needed! Perfect.
Can i trim my hair by myself? Myhair is getting too long!
I love to clean. I clean every day. Its a lot easier than cleaning our house hahaha.
Send Benjamin a picture of me and him after we received our endowments. Grandma sent it to mne and it's a really nice picture.
I can't wait to get the package.
Hannah letter response:
Im sorry Daniel and Johnny are being mean. Tell them they cant do that! And that I say to stop! We will have lots of fun sleepovers when I get back. Dont worry! I am so proud of your little talk in sacrament meeting. Love you so much Hannie!
Isaac letter response:
There is a poster advertisement for the new diary of a wimpy kid book! It reminded me of you when I saw it today. I will take a picture for next week if i remember! Thanks for the jammies. I can't wait to open them! :) Love you!
Tell all the kids I miss them all. I pray for you every night! I cant wait for you to get my package. :)
Tchau!! Love you all!!
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxox
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment