As of Monday morning (March 24th) my papers have been officially submitted to church headquarters! I am so anxious, excited and nervous to get my call. I CAN'T WAIT to see where the Lord needs me to serve! I just want to be able to prepare more for where I'm going. Right now I have this urge to start buying supplies and clothes for my mission but I know that I need to wait until I know where I'm going. At this point I don't know if I should be buying pea-coats for cold weather or lots of lightweight blouses for tropical weather!
There are a few things I have been able to do to prepare, however.
1. Studying Preach My Gospel - I am a very organized and meticulous person. Studying the lessons I will teach once I head out on my mission makes me feel a lot more comfortable with the whole experience. I am trying to make the transition to the MTC as smooth as possible.
2. Re-reading the Book of Mormon - When my (boy)friend Elder Conrad emailed me this past week, he suggested that we read the Book of Mormon together! I thought it was such a cute idea. He says he has time to read 10:00pm his time every night which would be 7:00pm my time. We have been reading a chapter a day.
3. Getting to bed at a decent time every night. I haven't been doing too well on this lately because I just performed in the ballet Sleeping Beauty. BUT I am planning on trying to get to bed at 10:30 every night so I can start to get accustomed to the missionary routine.
When it gets closer to when I am going to leave I will add on to my preparation list. But, for now, I feel like this is a good start. I think about my mission constantly and it's so hard to focus in school and keep motivation... I just want to leave on my mission already! :) I am just so thrilled to have this opportunity to teach the gospel. I can't wait to start spreading the message of eternal families! I feel so blessed to have had special promptings to leave on a mission. I know I am doing the right thing and I am so excited to dedicate my life to the service of my Heavenly Father.
xoxo
Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment