Today is Sister Dixon's birthday and I decorated our kitchen with all of the princess birthday decorations I have. It was pretty sweet! And I made a cake. She is lucky that her birthday is on p-day! We are going to have a great day. I will take lots of fun pictures to share with you all!
I love being on a mission. It is so much fun! We have been working really hard to have lessons with our members this week. Yesterday in particular was incredible. We taught a lesson with one of our members that we just randomly saw in the park yesterday talking to his friend. We taught his friend and found out that he didn't believe in God. He said that if there was a God horrible things wouldn't happen. He told us that his little son died when he was a year old. I bore testimony to him about eternal families and that little children who die go straight to be with Heavenly Father in heaven. We were all tearing up a little it was so sweet. By the end of the lesson, T--- believed in God. The member we were with said a prayer and T--- folded his arms and bowed his head. It was very special! He lives in a different area so we will pass the reference but wow. It was amazing.
We also taught J--- with three other members in the ward from Africa. I---, Z---, C---. I--- is from Angola I think and Z--- and C--- probaly Cabo Verde and then J--- is from Congo. It was really cool! J--- still has lots of questions but I can tell that the Holy Ghost is starting to influence him.
We taught new investigators, J--- and D---, with I---. They are AWESOME. D--- believes in like yoga meditation stuff and believes in reincarnation. But, after our last visit, she has already read up until Mosiah 27!!!! J--- is more skeptical. He believes in God and Jesus but not in organized religion. But he read the restoration pamphlet! We are excited for their progress.
This week was great! Have a nice week everyone. Love you lots!!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Dear Family,
I love you all. I am really happy in the mission. I am feeling myself change. Feeling myself become more and more like our Savior! I am finding more joy in the little things of being a Sister. I am remembering how excited I was to be a missionary.
Remember when we bought my red shoes mom? I told sister Dixon about that the other day. It was probably a day after I initially decided to go on a mission. We ran to the sister shop first thing. When we saw the shoes I said ´can't you imagine me on the cobblestones of Europe in these´? and then I got my call and it was to Europe!! and Portugal is FULL Of cobblestones!!!!! I love the cobblestones here. Those are my favorite shoes. I wear them and my sandals a lot.
I have been able to love my investigators more this past week. I have been more humble. We work very hard. I hope we will be able to help some investigators progress.
Have a nice week! Good luck with all the kids. Love you all!! Miss you all so much. But I do love it here! Portugal is amazing and Leiria is gorgeous.
Love,
Sister Anderson
In Pombal.
Eating sandwiches and salad at a little cafe!
Inside a little church.
Pombal, the same river that goes through Leiria.
Cool church in Pombal.
Pretty gazebo in Pombal.
Sister Dixon's birthday.
The cake that I made.
Division. I was with Sister Stewart on the left. We stayed in Leiria.
No comments:
Post a Comment