Hello Everyone!
I absolutely love Foz Do Douro! This area is really great. It has so much potential! We have been teaching so many new investigators this week. I just love it. We have been working really hard. We had divisions with our Sister Training Leaders this week and we taught 13 lessons that day. It was awesome! We are on fire. We have so many new people with potential. I am excited to see how it all pans out.
Our ward has tons of less/inactive members. Sister Andrade, our Sister Training Leader gave me a great idea. She said that she likes to bring chocolate chip cookies to the members in the ward. She said that sometimes they just need a little bit of love! Usually when we ring the doorbell of less active members they peek their heads out of the apartment window and say that they can't talk. Or they will answer through the little speakerphone thing of the apartment and say, ``Who are you?´´ and we say we are the missionaries and then they say that they aren't home or something like that haha. But we will have cookies the next time around so maybe they will let us in! I really hope we can help the ward grow.
On our divisions with Sister Andrade we talked to this young adult guy. He is probably like 20 years-ish. He said that his mom would really like to hear the gospel. So we taught their family the other day and it was amazing. His mom is sick. Her name is M---. Their dad is A---. They have lots of little kids. I think two little girls, one little boy and then two young adult boys. The Spirit was SO STRONG in our first lesson with them. The dad at first was saying that he was from a different religion and couldn't change. But after our lesson his whole countenance changed. He said ´´I can't visit your church this Sunday but maybe we will next Sunday.´´ We are going to teach them again this week! I am so excited for them. M--- was so in tune with the Spirit the whole time. I don't know what kind of sickness she has but she didn't talk the entire time.
We talk to so many people every day. We talk to everyone on the street! I am so excited to help this area.
Love, Sister Anderson
Ready to head out into the cold.
Braxton's birthday, he is 21!
Our p-day pastries from a little shop in downtown Foz.
Our kitchen is SPOTLESS now. Ahhhhh it's beautiful!
This is pretty much what I look like on a daily basis, hair a little bit messy and a hat! I also have lots of layers of clothes - it's cold here!!
Our p-day meal. A ´´make it yourself´´ pasta. It was so good with tuna, mushrooms, spinach and alfredo sauce.
Our Valentine's Day celebration.
The Valentine's Day flowers we bought ourselves :)
Valentines from sister Stock's family - we loved getting them!
Cute little area, a little fishing town.
Downtown Foz.
My bed, do you see lego Jack?
A cute park.
No comments:
Post a Comment