Olá! Wow today has been crazy. This whole past week has been crazy, actually! Transfers are CRAZY. The whole week Sister Cardoso and I knew that something was going to change.. and boy we were right. We spent most of our time visiting our Recent Converts and teaching them. On Saturday the Assistants called us and said that we would both be leaving Lapa! Lapa is currently undergoing a white wash with ELDERS instead of Sisters.
And now.. the moment you have all been waiting for... my new area is....
Foz do Douro! In PORTO. Porto North zone, to be exact! We are right by the river named Douro. Foz do Douro means ´´mouth of douro´´ which is the name of the river. It is GORGEOUS here. And we are also right by the coastline of the ocean! Foz do Douro is like a more suburban area of Porto. It is so awesome. There are so many Portuguese Portuguese people here. In Lapa our ward was full of Cape Verdians! It is weird seeing white people again haha. Sister Cardoso got transferred to Vila Real which is in Porto as well! Does this mean I will be in the Porto Portugal Mission? Maybe.. not sure! I love it here already.
OH YEAH. My new companion, Sister Stocks, entered a month after me. She has 2 transfers in the mission and I have 3! We both barely speak Portuguese so it will be interesting. I am so excited. We commented earlier about how we will both be training each other. It is great! I think her personality is a lot like mine. We are really laid back. Our apartment is an absolute mess but that will change with me being here haha. I have already started deep cleaning the kitchen. Oh and I can receive mail to my apartment now!
Please write me letters. I love letters!
I am so excited to work hard in this new area. Our area is so big! I already went to our chapel and its adorable. They have actual houses here instead of just apartments so its cool! The architecture is slightly different than down south in Lisbon. I will take pictures to send next week! Love you all.
Have a nice week!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Goodbye Lisbon and Sister Cardoso
My new companion Sister Stocks.
View from the train on the way to PORTO!
One last time at nannarella. pistachio, chocolate, and morango (strawberry).
Our zone.
Cachupa at Franciscas one last time! This is the reason I gained weight in Lapa.
Cachupa
One last picture with Abinoan, ward mission leader.
All packed and ready to leave. I put my small carry on INSIDE of one of the big ones - haha.
I will miss those trolleys.
Riding the train home.
Elder Fox taking a pic of Elder whitaker at our district meeting.
I am sure going to miss my Lapa, but so excited for Porto!
No comments:
Post a Comment