I had another wonderful week in Lapa! Transfers are on the 9th. I am so scared to be transferred out of Lapa. I love it so much here and I love my trainer! We will see what happens. It is pure torture not knowing whether I will stay or go. They dont tell us until the very last minute. Sunday night. I wish they would just tell us now so I could prepare myself mentally but nope.. I have to wait!
This week was great.. as always! We were fed so much. Everyone feeds us. Everyone and the food is always so good. I can never stop eating! I just love the food here. Everything is good! They use olive oil to cook everything. And lots of it. Lots of yummy chicken and rice. All of the people we teach are from Angola and Cape Verde or Brazil so thats the food we eat.
This past Friday was Halloween.. Happy Halloween! I had a really great Halloween. I woke up and opened a Halloween package from my Grandma Marcia and decorated our desk area a little. Very festive! I wore my coral dress (closest I have to orange) and black blazer. I put a big toy spider on my companion's scriptures in the morning and she freaked out when she saw it. It was hilarious. But yeah.. the day was great! We always have these awesome lessons with tons of people at F's house. A lot of times A or L come with us to teach lessons. Sometimes B comes as well. WE had a really nice festa party lesson on Halloween haha.
We always teach J at F's house. We teach S, F's granddaughter. S's mom is not a member. S really wants to be baptized! And I think we almost have permission from her mom. J was confirmed this Sunday. A miracle I witnessed this week was the new glow that has come upon J. He is always so, so happy now. He has a new happiness within himself that could only be brought to him by the Gospel. It is the same with T. J has health problems and before he was baptized he seemed so fragile. But now he seems strong. He has purpose and motivation now. A really special thing for me that happened after he was baptized was when he shook my hand and thanked me for what I had done for him. I will always treasure that memory!
Not only do I love my investigators and members and want to see them obtain true joy, but I also feel like they are my friends now. I sure do love them so much! I don't want to leave them yet. I am having a great time! I seriously have not had one bad day yet. I love it so much.
Love,
Sister Anderson
The street our apartment is on after we went grocery shopping this morning.
Packages from Grandma Marcia
Jack!
Thanks Grandma! :) Grandmas cookies!
This are EVERYWHERE. We always pass them.
Today I had a sandwich with Tigers bread.. so good.
Mom note - Yummy and I can see the reflection of you and your companion in the window!
Misssssionaries!
A's house after Sunday lunch yesterday. C is À's husband on the very left. M is À's daughter in the middle, then Sister Cardoso and me. The elders up front!
The construction on the apartment next to ours is finally done!! Ours is the old unfinished one on the left. I bet they will touch it up like the yellow one soon!! so cute
I do not want to leave this beautiful area.
Cool building. T his picture does not do it justice! It,s a government building, very grand.
Questions from mom:
How are things going, how is your food situation? We are fed so much now. Halloween was awesome. We ate lunch at A's house and she made pumpkin soup and this delicious ham quiche thing. You should send me stickers! I love stickers. When I go into makeup and cosmetic stores it reminds me of you. I miss Ulta! I bought a fruttini hand cream, its chocolate and cranberry flavored. Yum!! I am glad Hannah got her card. Love you all! I sent more letters today and I will send a package soon. You should make me some more yoga cards with harder poses and send them.. and also send some covers for my planner. Its raining a lot right now! Winter is finally here in Lisbon i think. But its still a lot warmer than Logan. :)
Did you get the email pictures? Send me printed copies of LOTS of pictures. I want to look at them in the apartment. I dont have time here really!!
Note for Hannah:
I am so Happy for you Hannie!! I love you so so much. I am glad that you got the bookmark! I cant believe you are seven years old. I think about you a lot! I hope you have a great birthday. When I get home I will make REAl Portuguese bolo for you. Its so much better than American cake. Ah! You will love it. Love you! Love, Sister Tiney Anderson
Love you all so much. I am so excited for Benj to leave on Wednesday. I am going to fast for him and you all that day. The initial separation will be hard.. but it will be worth it. Benj, you will love the mtc so much. I loved it! I love the field EVEN MORE. The mission is amazing. We are very tough and independent.. not flakey or wishy washy. Thats what has made the mission super easy for me. I know it will be the same for you, Benj! The Holy Ghost will always comfort you. And you WILL feel the Spirit in the mtc. During your personal study you will feel it the most. That's how it was for me anyways. The testimony meetings and devotionals were nice.. but I felt it the most during my personal study. Just looking at random scriptures and contemplating that Heavenly Father is our father in heaven and that he loves us. I know he loves you! He wants you to be happy. And you will be happy. You will find true happiness on your mission.. I know it! I am SO excited for you. Have courage. Have faith! It is really a great experience. Love you all!! I loved seeing all your halloween costumes.
Love~
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment