I'm not sure why.. but I never really felt motivation to complete my Personal Progress back when I was in Young Women's. I pretty much had everything done just from the activities over the years but I never took the initiative to FINISH it.
Back when I started preparing for my mission (March-ish) I decided it would be the perfect time to finish my Personal Progress booklet! I went through the little pamphlet and I really only had a few things to finish. I just had to do all of the ones that take 2-3 weeks to complete. (I avoided those ones back in High School..tehe...) I have since used Personal Progress as a tool to help me to prepare for my mission.
I feel like I appreciate the goals more now than I did when I was younger. I definitely have learned more and gotten more out of them by doing it now. I have been using it to better myself and gain more of the qualities that I want to have for my mission and for being a mother & wife later on.
I have especially loved working on the goals that have to do with bettering my imperfect qualities, and strengthening my relationship with family members.
These are the goals I suggest you do while preparing for a mission:
Individual Worth 3 - This one has helped me to see the good qualities in my siblings. And hopefully it will help me develop it as a habit so I will be able to see the good qualities in my companions as well!
Good Works 1 - This goal helps us to recognize and record all of the acts of service performed within our households. It has filled me with so much joy! You are also supposed to acknowledge their service in some meaningful way. I have written a few notes to my siblings and it just makes me feel so good inside!
Good Works 2 - This goal relates directly to preparing for being a missionary. In this goal, we are required to help prepare and cook meals for 2 weeks for our families. I have really enjoyed doing this as it gives me more time with my mommy and it has helped me learn a few recipes to make while on my mission.
Good Works 3
Integrity 5 - Another goal I have been working on is taking a personality trait/habit I do not like about myself and improving it. Slowly getting rid of just one habit has helped me feel so much better about myself and helped me to always be more in-tune with The Spirit.
Virtue 3 - To prepare for entering the temple!
Back to Personal Progress... I am so excited to get the cute little necklace when I finish! :) Hopefully I will be done this upcoming week.
xoxo
Christine




Christine, thanks so much for taking the time to write down your thoughts and feelings about this. Reading your words and your activities based on this helps others of us grow with you in these areas of spiritual & personal interaction. You know how much I love Behavioral Science! Interpersonal relationship skills, those we use privately with our Savior daily as well as the human life-skill ones we work to develop, are my favorite things to talk about! :) xox g. marcia
ReplyDelete