Like I said in an earlier post, my brother Benjamin has been called to serve in the Madagascar Antananarivo Mission! It truly is so amazing how each call is inspired of The Lord. I have been to many call openings and at every single one of them I have felt the spirit confirming the place where the missionary is called to.
Usually nobody guesses where the missionary will go.. But as soon as they open the call and read the place it always just seems so right. You can see it in their eyes that they have had a personal confirmation and that their call is inspired of The Lord. I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to go to see some friends open their calls. It is always such a special experience!
For Benjamin's call opening most of us thought he would go to Europe or the States. As I was placing different people's guesses onto the map before he opened his call, we decided it would be fun to see where my little 1 year old sister Grace would place a sticker for her 'guess'. I gave her a sticker and she placed it right on Madagascar! I commented to those around me on how the missionary who recently died of a health problem (unrelated to the location) was in Madagascar. I thought it was cute of Grace to guess.. But I never thought he would actually be going there!
When he opened his call I was shocked! But I could feel the spirit and I felt joy for Benjamin. Madagascar is the perfect place for Benjamin. He is being sent there for a reason. There is someone there who needs his help! He will bless the lives of others and he himself will be blessed for his service. Mission calls are truly inspired by The Lord!
One of my favorite talks relating to missionary work is The Divine Call of a Missionary by Ronald A. Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy. In this talk, he discusses the process of assigning calls. Here is a little tidbit.
It really is such an amazing process - completely inspired by The Lord. We need to remember that our calls are inspired. Every so often I like to read this talk because it reminds me that I am being sent to Portugal for a specific purpose. All of our calls are meant for us!
On a different note.. Here are some pictures (and video) from the day my little brother received his call!
That was such a great day! I sure do love my little Benjy boy. I am so excited for us to be serving missions at the same time!
xoxo
Christine

No comments:
Post a Comment